Saturday, 3 March 2012

Hello there!

I am in University studying Design for Games and for my second year, I have a subject called "Personal Project". It's a veritable free for all, as long as I document it. I have decided to do motion capture for an advert for a game some friends are making. I do the mocap, music and talking, they do the modeling.

The entire journey of learning how to mocap is an interesting one and one with not a lot of helpful tutorials attached to it, so I thought I'd share my experiences with everyone so this kind of work can be replicated. It may also help with any problems you may encounter along the way.

I'll go into detail if I feel it's needed, but generally I'll keep it simple. I do use some pricey software, but perhaps you can access it elsewhere? School? Free-trials? Or the other sources you probably know about?

I'm not particularly skilled in these bits of software, so these tutorials are good for beginners. I'm updating my results as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment